[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex Threlfall" <alex at cyberprog dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Success! (Routing ADSL Static IP's to an Bridged DMZ + LAN)
 Date:  Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:50:20 -0000
Well, if you recall I was asking about this a few weeks back, and I've
finally spent the evening setting this puppy up and I can report it works
like a dream.

I have the following hardware:

Celeron 400Mhz
128Mb Ram
1 Onboard Nic
Quad Port Nic
(All Intel fxp)

And I have it setup so that it has the following interfaces:

LAN (10.0.0.x)
WAN (82.x.x.x) /27
OPT1 (DMZ) Bridged with WAN
OPT2 (WLAN) Bridged with LAN

The filtering bridge is turned on.

I can place machines behind the WAN with the WAN on public IP's and add
Rules to my WAN interface to allow ports through, or entire IP's.
I had to place a rule that allowed all traffic from the WAN to go wherever.
I can also add an Proxy-ARP IP and then an Server NAT IP to perform NAT MAP
to a private LAN IP.
Not played with the WLAN OPT2 yet, but should be straight forward.

I also have it terminating PPTP VPN's onto itself and it seems fine.

According to the Top output, cpu load is neglible even when running 1.95mbps
down from the internet. I hope to do some further testing and take some pics
of the neat 1u Case I have it in tomorrow if anyone's interested!

Kind Regards,

  Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media
tel - 0870 446 0789