[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-2?Q?Peter_Parni=E8an?= <peter at procad dot sk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  outgoing pipe is slow
 Date:  Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:17:15 +0100
Hi guys, i have a problem with traffic speed for outgoing pipe. I had set some pipes for outgoing
and incoming traffic, 128kbit/s for each pipe (16pipes). none mask and none delay - also Im not
using queues.

Than im using rules for direction in and out with defined destination in my lan. Its working very
goood but only for downloading (in).
When im sending some email (file) my speed is only about 20kbit/s. Im not doing downloading in the
same time, also others pipes are not full used with other users!
I have a line with 1MBit/s.

As soon as I disable traffic shaper my sending is much faster 256kbit/s... But this is limited at
webhosting server somewhere on the internet, so its OK im not sending with 1mbit speed. But why just
20kbit with enabled shaper?

TIA, peter