[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] gotomypc blocking
 Date:  Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:34:59 -0800

According to their documentation the server is at poll.gotomypc.com

Blocking access to that should cut it off.

They do have a whitepaper on their site giving more details about how
the service works.

While this may be a very useful service, it gives individual users at a
site the ability to side-step firewall enforced security policy.  I
like being able to control what VPN users can and can't do on the local
net.  So until I'm persuaded that nothing bad can invade my network
through this route, I'm going to close access to poll.gotomypc.com.

I guess being a control freak comes with managing a corporate firewall.
  gotomypc.com hands over more control than I am willing to accept at
the moment.

-j