[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.2b3 and dhcrelay problem?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:59:05 -0500

[snip]

> Does dhcrelay run after clicking "save" but not on reboot?
> I'd test that, but I don't want to ruin my uptime ;-)

Seems like it, yes. I've also noticed it will just randomly crash - no
entries on the normal log page though.  I'm using dhcrelay to let my
wireless clients (access point plugged into one of the OPT interfaces)
get addresses from the server on the LAN interface.

I'll find out that it died because I'll fire up the laptop and can't get
an address, when I could the day before.

I've restarted it and simply had it not start dhcrelay, but after
logging in and clicking save on the page it will run (and show the
expected log entries).

There's not anything of value in status.php, however, it has been
rebooted since the last time dhcrelay stopped responding.  (I didn't
know about status.php until I read some of the list archives.)  If
dhcrelay dies again (it's been up for about 5 days now, but the last
time was closer to 15 IIRC) I will take note of any messages, and then
see if it starts properly on a reboot.

Thanks,
Braden