[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  DevAuto <devauto at gmail dot com>
 To:  Brian Watters <brwatters at abs dash internet dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Question
 Date:  Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:05:00 -0500
Sorry, missed that in the archives, didn't think to search on timed
firewall rules, just captive portal ... I was looking at it from the
wrong perspective. It seemed to me that just turning the captive
portal on and off at specific times would do the trick fairly simply
(unfortunately I don't do code well enough to work it out myself). I
had thought it might be as simple as killing a process at X hour and
restarting it at Y hour or maybe spawning a simple watcher that
checked time and determined whether or not to forward traffic to the
portal. I didn't think about actually timing the firewall rules
themselves.

Oh well, I don't have a radius server yet, but it looks like I may
have to build one out and do it that way.

Thanx for your help,

DevAuto