[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nicolas Moffa <nicolas dot moffa at free dot fr>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: users configuration
 Date:  Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:28:50 +0100
Thank you for your answer but I think that you don't unsderstand really my
problem.

Students use more and more network configurations outside OFF campus (static IP,
server proxy,...). Consequently, configurations are completly different for each
student. If we must change all configurations of each mobile computer, it is a
job too much complicated.

This is why i would like that students, when they come ON campus (with their
mobile computer for example), do not have anything to change in their
configuration (outside configuration : family,...).

We could call that : "Plug & Play configuration".
Students ON campus, launch browser and access to the web after the
authentication page without changes.

m0n0wall 1.2b3 could not manage it ??
If not, in a future version perhaps ??

Thanks in advance.