[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NTP settings
 Date:  Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:13:30 -0500
> I've point it to an ntp server and set the interval sync for
> 6 minutes. However when i check the date(from exec.php) - it
> is still showing the wrong time and date.

Well, you should be using a higher interval than 6 minutes, unless
you're providing the time source.  Generally, anything less than 4 to 8
hours is considered rude...  I go 23 hours between syncs.  Also, is the
clock on the box in question THAT bad?

If you're specifying a hostname in the NTP server box, make sure you
also have a DNS server setup, or you have the checkbox for "allow WAN to
override" checked.

are you using an external time source?  If so, may I suggest trying
pool.ntp.org, as it is distributed and highly available...

--Braden