[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Roy Walker" <rwalker at miracomnetwork dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Network Traffic Freezing - Help!
 Date:  Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:54:22 -0600
Just switched Internet providers for an office.  Moved from SBC static
to Speakeasy static.  This was pretty quick.  Just changed the external
IP, Proxy arp entries and the 1:1 Nat.  After making the switch, I get
periods of time in a random interval of reduced or no connectivity.
This setup is pretty straight forward.  It has worked on SBC for over a
year with no problems.  My first thought was that the new line was
jacked.  But even the internal IP drops during these periods (it's not
the internal switch as none of the other equipment experience this and
there is no switch on the outside.)

Everything the m0n0wall is used for:
Firewall
1:1 Nat w/ Proxy Arp
IPsec point to point
PPTP for external users

This is everything setup on the box.

The interfaces don't show any errors or collisions and I don't see
anything in the logs that would indicate dropping interfaces.

Ideas?  I am at a loss.

Roy