[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network Traffic Freezing - Help!
 Date:  Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:26:05 -0500
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:54:22 -0600, Roy Walker
<rwalker at miracomnetwork dot com> wrote:
> Just switched Internet providers for an office.  Moved from SBC static
> to Speakeasy static.  This was pretty quick.  Just changed the external
> IP, Proxy arp entries and the 1:1 Nat.  After making the switch, I get
> periods of time in a random interval of reduced or no connectivity.
> This setup is pretty straight forward.  It has worked on SBC for over a
> year with no problems.  My first thought was that the new line was
> jacked.  But even the internal IP drops during these periods (it's not
> the internal switch as none of the other equipment experience this and
> there is no switch on the outside.)

Sounds like the ISP change is just a coincidence since the LAN is
unreachable as well.  None of the other equipment experiencing it
doesn't eliminate the switch.  I'd try a different switch port, and
different cable if you haven't already.  Then I'd try different
hardware as well.  Really sounds like a hardware issue of some sort.

-Chris