[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  Thomas Juice <testfirewall at hotmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Order of the Rules
 Date:  Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:08:34 +0100
-------- Message original --------

> Hello
>
> My Question is, how is the Order of the Rules?
> What i mean is, In which order the Firewall processes the rules?
> The last or de first rules of the Interface?
> I do some test but i dont have a answer.

Thomas,

Keep in mind there are hard-coded rules, too. They are auto-magically
generated by m0n0wall for services like PPTP or IPsec VPN for example.

If you want to see the actual ruleset (and know what rules have the
"quick" parameter set), simply go to the status.php page and take a look
at the "unparsed ipfilter rules" section. Bonus: the ruleset includes
comments from Manuel Kasper.

I hope this helps.

-- Vincent