hi folks ...
i thought i got it .. but due to real life tests it didnt work ...
on other os'es you have to add a host route to gw outside the subnet of
the outer iface (direct reachable) ... and then add the default gw even
on this .. and it will work
but on monowall it doesn't.
maybe this question has been asked? but i didnt find it in the list.
- iam am member of a local wireless society and we have attached 4 real
class c nets ... and these are distributed over wlan (bridges,routers
and aps) with an internal ip structure. so my default gw is a router
near my ap with an internal ip.
[home lan] <ethernet> [my official ip router/wlan-client ]
<<<<wireless>>>> [AP] <bridge> [router: 192.168.x.y]
- same in an experimental consctruction
[monowall outer if: official ip] <ethernet> [linuxrouter: 192.168.1.1]
- i can't get it work
- i know about ip networking, the router knows the official on the right
iface; think it is not trivial ??? or is it
- monowall is configged as PERMIT ALL for my tests
- i see strange redirects when i ping from the monowall side
- i see an correct arp entry on the linuxrouter side
how can i get this to work with monowall ??????
best regards andreas
-- aktuelle Aufmunterung >>>
"Du warst einmal das schnellste und erfolgreichste Spermium Deiner Gruppe!"