[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall pre-configured VMware virtual machines
 Date:  Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:23:06 -0500
Hi all,

I recently set out to document how to setup a test network in VMware,
and realized how many steps are involved and how error-prone the
process can be.  So rather than try to explain it, I did one better.
I've made self-contained VMware virtual machines of 1.11 and 1.2b3 in
both hard drive and CD format, for legacy (Workstation 4.x, GSX 3.x,
ESX 2.x, and ACE 1.x) and VMware 5 formats.  Just unzip and open in
VMware and you're ready to run.  (for the most part)

I am going to make some more documentation available in the future on
best practices in setting up a VMware test environment.

The images are available here for now.  I'll let this page explain the rest.
http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=18

Greets,
-Chris