[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Kerem Erciyes <k underscore erciyes at zegnaermenegildo dot it>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Second total freeze of 1.2b3
 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:14:07 +0100
On 21.02.2005 11:22 +0200, Kerem Erciyes wrote:

> Same problem here. Total freeze happens erratically, no fixed time
> between freezes, no web / console /keyboard access. Only solution is
> doing a hard reset on m0n0.
>
> At first I thought it was a HW problem, and then blamed IPSEC Tunnel
> and eliminated it, and this made the freezes happen not once every
> two days, but once every 5 - 7 days.

Can anyone with this problem confirm (or disprove) that this does not
happen with 1.2b2? Just because somebody said their problems with a
WRAP board and 1.2b3 went away after going back to 1.2b2 (which I
can't find an explanation for).

FWIW, I set up a Linux 2.6.9 based iptables firewall with rp-pppoe on
a net4801 a few weeks ago. Worked fine during testing, but as soon as
I made it productive, it locked up completely every 12 hours or so.
Getting a Senao miniPCI wireless card to work reliably at full speed
without locking up using the latest hostap driver wasn't possible
either (even tried LEAF to make sure it's not just my Linux setup).
So all is not well there either...

OTOH, I've been running 1.2b3 on two net4501s ever since it was
released and have not had a single lockup so far.

- Manuel