[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Kiessling <andreas at matrix dot boerde dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] problem - default gw in other subnet
 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:43:36 +0100
Andreas Kiessling schrieb:

> hi folks ...
>
> i thought i got it .. but due to real life tests it didnt work ...
>
> on other os'es you have to add a host route to gw outside the subnet of
> the outer iface (direct reachable) ... and then add the default gw even
> on this .. and it will work
>
> but on monowall it doesn't.
>

> maybe this question has been asked? but i didnt find it in the list.
>
> preface:
>
> - iam am member of a local wireless society and we have attached 4 real
> class c nets ... and these are distributed over wlan (bridges,routers
> and aps) with an internal ip structure. so my default gw is a router
> near my ap with an internal ip.
>

> [home lan] <ethernet> [my official ip router/wlan-client ]
> <<<<wireless>>>> [AP] <bridge> [router: 192.168.x.y]
>
> - same in an experimental consctruction
>
> [monowall outer if: official ip] <ethernet> [linuxrouter: 192.168.1.1]
>

> problem:
>
> - i can't get it work
> - i know about ip networking, the router knows the official on the right
> iface; think it is not trivial ??? or is it
> - monowall is configged as PERMIT ALL for my tests
> - i see strange redirects when i ping from the monowall side
> - i see an correct arp entry on the linuxrouter side
>
> question:
>
> how can i get this to work with monowall ??????
>
> best regards andreas

hmmm

i got some success with the following commands

WAN IF/IP = ed0 / Official IP

cmd1: route add -net 192.168.20.0 -netmask 255.255.255.0 -iface ed0
cmd2: route add -net default 192.168.22.0 -netmask 255.255.255.0
cmd3: route add default 192.168.20.1

seems to work correctly! now the arp cache shows the correct mac of
192.168.20.1 and ping and masq works.

annotations ????????????????

best regards andreas
--

-- spruch des monats >>>

daran:
"Du warst einmal das schnellste und erfolgreichste Spermium Deiner Gruppe!"