[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mandel at bbmotor dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP Static route to remote (client) network Problem
 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:18:03 -0600 (CST)
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a remote network as a PPTP client to m0n0. I have a
Dlink firewall (DFL-300) with support for PPTP on a remote network. Here
are the details.

M0n0 Network
-----------------
LAN IP 192.168.0.1/24
WAN IP 66.243.xxx.xxx

Rules allow all traffic between PPTP and LAN

PPTP Config - Server address: 192.168.2.254
        Remote Address Range: 192.168.2.192/28

Remote Net
------------
LAN IP 192.168.1.0/24

I have created a PPTP user that is assigned a static IP from the /28
network above. The dlink firewall succesfully connects to the m0n0wall.
The interface is pingable from the m0n0 lan. I want to be able to route
from the m0n0 lan side to the private remote network. So I've created a
static route as follows:

Int: PPTP       Net:192.168.1.0/24      G/w: 192.168.2.195

Everything works great once I do this. However, as soon as the pptp user
logs out and pptp int goes down, the static route dies. If the pptp link
is re-created, the route doesn't come back up. I have to delete the static
route and re-create it after the PPTP link is created.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be doing this in a different way?

Thanks,
Eric