[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Kerem Erciyes" <k underscore erciyes at zegnaermenegildo dot it>, "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] Second total freeze of 1.2b3
 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:30:12 +0100
1.2bs in the following situation:

m0n0 with fixed IP ---- m0n0 with dynamic IP

everything is configured right and the tunnel comes up the first time you use it. After the lifetime

"Save" on the IPSEC-settingpage of the dynamic m0n0 without changing anything. I reported this
behavior before, but nobody cared about it. :-( Going back to 1.11 works rockstable.

Another thing I found out is that there are problems with newer dsl-modems and m0n0s pppoe. I can
provide logs, if you need them, but it seems that the link up request times out although the
servername of the distant server can be seen. This happens with more than one specific vendor (for
example the new netgear modem DG632B, products from t-com, ....) I am very unhappy about that, as
the problem seems to appear with nearly every new modem I get to test. I tested different providers
and also have different connections to test on. The same modems work with other products on the same
wanconnection. This happens also with 1.11.

I know, this would be enough for two other posts, but I already posted and no one noticed. Maybe

Regards,
Holger Bauer