[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 2 mailservers on the inside
 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:24:55 -0500
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:40:16 -0600, Jeffrey Goldberg
<jeffrey at goldmark dot org> wrote:
> [mailed and posted]
>
> On Feb 21, 2005, at 7:24 AM, Thomas wrote:
>
> > This works like a charm - until server1 tries to send an email to
> > server2, or vice-versa. I can see in my logs that server1 obtains the
> > correct WAN IP for server2, but it is refused (by m0n0wall?) to
> > connect.
> >
> > Now the optimal solution would be to create a hosts file on each
> > server, telling them which domains are local, but seeing as I've had
> > no luck getting Postfix to read this hosts file, I'll settle for the
> > next best: opening up my m0n0wall for such a connection.
>
> Your "next best solution" should really be a last resort.  I believe
> that you can create "routing data" specifically for poxtfix in one of
> the postfix configurations telling postfix to use a specific IP for a
> particular host or MX, overriding what it gets from normal host
> resolution.

Yeah, use the transport file in Postfix.  Read this, written by yours
truly, over at BSD Guides for info on setting up Postfix for a similar
situation (don't follow it exactly for this situation, but you can
figure it out from this).
http://bsdguides.org/guides/freebsd/mailserver/postfix_forwarder.php

-Chris