[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kasper Pedersen" <m0n0list dash kkp at kasperkp dot dk>
 To:  "monowall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dhcp server limit = 16?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:40:12 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tenchi" <tenchi at intergga dot ch>
> I'm using 1.2b3 with 24 vlans, each with a dhcp server (ip
> 192.168.vlan-id.90 to .100). As soon as I configure the 17th dhcp server I
> get the following log entry: "dhcpd: Can't find free bpf: No such file or
> directory". The ugly thing is that when this happens none of the servers
> work (everthing is ok with 16)!

I have just made the same discovery, sitting in an unheated (-2 deg) room
and wondering why my 23 vlans + 3 interfaces wouldn't work.
Curiously, in my case it seems that if I enable dhcp on an interface that is
just numbered beyond the fifteenth, nothing works

Admittedly some of the time was spent wondering why the Intel Pro/100
adapters were continuously disconnecting and reconnecting to the cheap
planet vlan switch.

/Kasper