[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Nasuta <tcslv at cox dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] Horrible performance..
 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:37:15 -0800
>> I have 5mb cable and with pfsense I was getting just about same
>> speed than even without a router (straight to internet). With M0n0wall
>> (both latest versions) the Internet CRAWLS for me. Webpages load like
>> dial-up, etc. I did a dslreports speedtest out of curiousity and it
>> came back with 45 kbs down and 25kbs up!! M0n0wall turns my cable
>> modem into Dial-up. I only have one rule added to firewall and the
>> rest is pretty much default.

> duplex mismatch issue?

Ohh how funny... I just went to the event viewer on my client PC and
sure enough there are error messages stating something to the effect
that auto-negotiation failed on my Intel NIC. So I assume it
downgrades to half when it fails?

Now the question is why does it fail with m0n0 and not pfsense? Did I
miss something in setup or is it the fault of the 4x version of BSD,
etc?

Thanks for the fast reply too.

--
Best regards,
 Scott N                           mailto:tcslv at cox dot net