[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Nasuta <tcslv at cox dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[3]: [m0n0wall] Horrible performance..
 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:21:24 -0800
>> duplex mismatch issue?

> Ohh how funny... I just went to the event viewer on my client PC and
> sure enough there are error messages stating something to the effect
> that auto-negotiation failed on my Intel NIC. So I assume it
> downgrades to half when it fails?

Well I set my PC manually to 10mb/full (since my cheap $7 hub is only
10mbs) and it seems to be a *little* snappier but still no where near
approaching what it should be. Speed tests confirm 540kbs down after
making that change to my workstation. It is now at least not dial up
speeds anymore, but it still is cutting my bandwidth down drastically.

There is obviously something not working well together here for me and
m0n0wall and it is at the point of unusable since it is so slow for
me. What to look at or check?

And again why does pfsense work out of the Box. No need for me to have
had to set my PC NIC duplex manually, etc.

--
Best regards,
 Scott N                           mailto:tcslv at cox dot net