[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Re[3]: [m0n0wall] Horrible performance..
 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:08:45 -0500
Robert Staph wrote:
> I'd have to say its the cheap $10 hub, not m0n0wall....  You get
what
> you pay for when it comes to hardware...
>
> -Rob

I would say, spend the few extra dollars and get an unmanaged
workgroup switch...

Auto-negotiation on a client PC has nothing to do with m0n0wall,
unless you are running a cross-over cable directly between m0n0wall
and client. If your PC is not negotiating a proper connection with the
hub/switch (hubs generally don't do full duplex) it is not m0n0wall's
fault. Look at your cabling, hub/switch port, etc. If the m0n0wall is
not negotiating a proper connection, but pfsense does (on the *EXACT*
same hardware), then that is a different story.

James W. McKeand