[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 2 mailservers on the inside
 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:04:34 -0500 (EST)
Robert Staph said:
> It should also be said that in trying to connect to any of your WAN ip's
> from any point on LAN, DMZ, or equiv interfaces you are actually trying to
> make that type of connection to the m0n0wall itself.  (thus giving you the
> refused connection).

Following this thread, I get an education -

I had assumed that I could set up a server NAT between
DMZ and LAN...but it sounds like not....

Is that a GUI issue, or more a BSD firewall issue
(i.e., can't be resolved through special configs)?

It seems like it would be a neat way to avoid the
split horizon issue.

Thanks
Seth