[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Flemming Munk Jensen <flemming at postboksen dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How to log lan-IP of users authed by Captive Portal ?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:10:31 +0100
Hi.

I(the company i work for) need to log all traffic that all users create,
AND be able to "link" the users to the traffic they create.

To do this i have set up a m0n0wall at a soekris net4801, configured it
to log everything, and send the syslog to a windows box running "Kiwi
Syslog Daemon". Captive portal is configured to use Radius, with
Accounting enabled. (MultiTech RADIUS Server v 2.01)
Everything is working fine and users can log in and gain access through
the Captive portal.

But the IP address of the computer from wich the users log in, is not
logged anywhere :-(

It would be great if i can get m0n0 to log username, IP and timestamp
for all login atempts, to syslog :-)

I can NOT use Windows for user accounting - It *must* be done in a way
that dont require any Windows Server licensing or additional servers...

Best regards
Flemming Munk

--
Needing help is like needing a parachute!
If it aint there the first time you need it, chances are you will never