[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Nasuta <tcslv at cox dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[5]: [m0n0wall] Horrible performance..
 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:36:14 -0800
Hello James,

Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 6:08:45 AM, you wrote:

> Auto-negotiation on a client PC has nothing to do with m0n0wall,
> unless you are running a cross-over cable directly between m0n0wall
> and client. If your PC is not negotiating a proper connection with the
> hub/switch (hubs generally don't do full duplex) it is not m0n0wall's
> fault. Look at your cabling, hub/switch port, etc. If the m0n0wall is
> not negotiating a proper connection, but pfsense does (on the *EXACT*
> same hardware), then that is a different story.

I agree it most likely is the hub but it is just ME and once in a while
I have a PC I am building for someone so the cheap hub does fine for
me.

But I DO want to reiterate that it DOES auto-negotiate with
pfsense on the *EXACT* same hardware and setup. The only difference
being that I throw in the m0n0wall CD instead of loading pfsense from the
hard drive. I did NOT have this issue at all and no manual setup of
the NIC(s) were required. That is why I asked what I could gather for
you guys to help determine why pf works and m0n0 was off.

Thanks again to all.

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:tcslv at cox dot net