[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Stephen McCormick" <sdmcc at ihug dot co dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b5 Upgrade - Now going with minor bios config change
 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:04:42 +1300
I followed Manuels instructions and everything looked good.

However, the reboot occurred but the boot process hung at

uhci0:<Intel 82371AB/EB(PIIX4)USB Controller> at device 20.2 on PCI0
uhci0[GIANT LOCKED]

I am running an old Compaq deskpro celeron 400, 128 Meg ram, 8 Meg CF card
2 x 3Com 10/100 NICS, 1 Dual port Intel Nic.

Anyway, originally I had disabled all unneeded hardware in BIOS (audio,
USB, Parallel port)
I especially turned of USB as it was sharing an IRQ with one of the NIC's
I was running all previous beta versions just fine that way.

Since the boot process stopped where it did - looking for usb hardware -
I reenabled USB in BIOS and away it went.

All fixed.

Thanks Manuel

Steve