[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Nasuta <tcslv at cox dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[8]: [m0n0wall] Horrible performance..
 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:29:39 -0800
> Out of curiousity I will do some ftp transfer tests tonight through
> m0n0 and straight to internet to compare if I am losing speed with
> m0n0.

It must be my hardware or setup or something because I researched b4
trying m0n0wall and so many say they have great performance with
hardly any notice using m0n0. But I definetly DO notice.

I did some ftp testing last night. A 10mb file from same site close to
same time and I am getting about HALF the throughput with M0n0wall
than straight to the internet. I get 170kbs straight and it drops to
about 70-100 through m0n0wall. I repeated test half hour later.

I don't understand because I have a good box with good NICS etc and
m0n0 bogs with one PC behind it? Don't some people use m0n0 with 100's
of clients behind it?? And on a Soekris box as well??

:(

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:tcslv at cox dot net