[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall to cisco vpn
 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:35:00 +0100
Hi Frans!

Am Mittwoch, den 23.02.2005, 15:11 +0000 schrieb Frans King:
> I was wondering if it is possible for m0n0wall to connect to this kind of
> vpn. First it requires a group password (pre-shared key) and post connection
> asks for my username and corresponding password or is this a proprietary
> cisco authentication mechanism.

This is exactly what is vpnc [1] made for. Since there isn't any support
for it in m0n0wall yet (there are some good reasons why it is not) you
aren't able to connect your m0n0wall to a cisco easy vpn endpoint (thus
it is possible to connect via site-to-site vpn to a cisco device even if
the client site hasn't a static ip address).

Ciao ...

[1] http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/

 copyleft(c) by |           Oh, I've seen copies  of Linux Journal
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     around the terminal room at The Labs.  --