[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] web forums
 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:32:14 +0100
Hi Frans!

Am Mittwoch, den 23.02.2005, 17:38 +0000 schrieb Frans King:
> What I suggested was still mailing lists but with the archives being handled
> by forum software. I'm sure I've seen this kind of thing somewhere on the
> web.

What is it good for? Only to have more work in administrating another
software (not mention all the security holes in today most known
bulletin boards)? Buying a new computer for managing a lot of traffic
and work load? What's so difficult with using the search on the mailing
list archives? Maybe it's worth to take a look at gmane, but I'm not
very convinced about it, because every good email client is able to show
you threads as a newsreader does (ok, there are other things netnews are
good for and even do better than mailing lists).

Just my two pennies ...

 copyleft(c) by |           : The hierarchy is excessive.  So is
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     the anarchy. :-)  -- Larry Wall in