[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: web forums
 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:28:55 -0500
Frans King wrote:

> It's been debated many times and I think it all comes down to people
> preferring e-mail over forums. What would be nice would be integration
> between a forum and a mailing list - post a message on a forum and it gets
> e-mailed to all the members and similarly if you send a message to a
> mailing list it gets archived to the correct thread in the forum.

I think that's a really slick idea. Best of both worlds for everyone.
In retrospect, the idea is very similar to GMANE, but GMANE does
list -> forum -> NNTP, and the forum interface is read-only.

Killer idea for an OSS project, IMO.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,