[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] web forums
 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:10:29 -0500
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:30:59 -0500, Don Munyak <dmunyak at p dash a dash link dot com> wrote:

> I was looking at it more for the long term. Being able to quickly search
> for "VPN" and get back all the threads for the last 6 months that had
> VPN in the thread...etc.

As far as search goes, Google is the best of anything.  Tag a
'site:m0n0.ch' on the end of the query and you're set.  Add
'inurl:docbook' to that to search the users guide, or 'inurl:list' to
search the lists specifically.  If you want only things that have been
posted in the last 6 months, use the Google advanced search for pages
that have been updated in the last 6 months.  Though I think the
archive web interface has changed at least slightly in the last 6
months, so Google thinks everything has changed in the last 6 months
so that's not useful for that particular purpose.

-Chris