[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans King" <frans dot king at f333 dot net>
 To:  "'Scott Nasuta'" <tcslv at cox dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] web forums
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:34:53 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Nasuta [mailto:tcslv at cox dot net]
Sent: 23 February 2005 23:12
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] web forums

Hello Frans,

Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 9:38:09 AM, you wrote:

> What I suggested was still mailing lists but with the archives being
handled
> by forum software. I'm sure I've seen this kind of thing somewhere on the
> web.

Yes there are things like this being done (if I am correct in
understanding what you are asking for). They are called mail-to-html
converters and they just grab a hold of all the emails in a mailing
list and archive them for you on a web page in a "forum" type layout.
There are several of them out there but the first one that comes to my
mind is: http://www.mhonarc.org/

And here is a good clean example of it in use for TheBat! {email
client} mailing list: http://www.mail-archive.com/tbudl at thebat dot dutaint dot com/

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:tcslv at cox dot net

needed a bit more interactivity so the pages were then automatically
converted and inserted into a wiki engine.