[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rolf Kallander" <rolf dot kallander at space dot se>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  "Read error" during boot on Fujitsu Ergopro x453
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:37:03 +0100
I have problem to use the m0n0wall image one both Fujitsu Ergopro X (200MHz,
Phoenix BIOS) and Fujitsu Ergopro e (75MHz, Phoenix BIOS). The responce when
trying to execure the image after transfer to harddisk is "read error"
directly after BIOS boot.
I have tried different disks (500MB-2GB) and tried both to create the image
on the PC using g4u from ftp and also writing the image on another Windows
XP computer using physdiskwrite.

The computer works and I can install and run FreeBSD 5.3 on it from CD.
Windows runs also without problem.
I have seen that others have had problems using the m0n0wall image on
Fujitsu Ergopro. Has anyone come up with a workaround to get it installed?
Is there any other way to install m0n0wall than through the image?