[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans King" <frans dot king at f333 dot net>
 To:  "'Pieterjan Heyse'" <pieterjan dot heyse at scheppers dash wetteren dot be>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] penBSD support
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:50:58 -0000

I personally use runt (http://www.ncsu.edu/project/runt/). It's Linux 2.4
based not BSD but this doesn't matter for me and you can install it using
Windows :)

1. make sure you create a partition on your USB stick (use the disk
management under windows) and FAT32 format it

2. Extract the archive to the USB pen

3. Run the runutil/makeboot.bat

4. Copy the m0n0wall image to the usb pen

5. Boot

6. login and type cd /DOS

7. gunzip -c | dd of=/dev/<device> bs=1024

8. reboot

Linux devices go /dev/hda - primary master (ide)
                 /dev/hdb - primary slave (ide)
                 /dev/hdc - secondary master (ide) etc

SCSI is similar with /dev/sda,sdb etc

Frans

P.S. If the distribution is too large for you USB pen try removing things
like the man files (/usr/share/man)