[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <jesse at wingnet dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] thoughts on PHP as an rc system?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:51:30 -0500
While I'm not a m0n0 developer, I'd like to make a few observations
about PHP as an RC system.

The biggest thing in my head is that it *only* makes sense if you need
PHP on the system for some other reason.  On many small, embedded
applications, you do NOT have PHP because you don't have a webserver...
and in those cases it makes no sense.  However, since m0n0 already has
php involved for the entire GUI, why not?

I'm surprised that nobody has used *perl* for boot scripts yet.  I
suppose maybe it's avoided because it's theoretically slower than bash
script, but on today's blazing machines I doubt it makes much of a
difference.

Just my $0.02.

--Braden