[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Second total freeze of 1.2b3
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:30:34 +0100
Hallo Manuel,

Manuel Kasper schrieb am 21. February 2005:

>Can anyone with this problem confirm (or disprove) that this does not
>happen with 1.2b2?

I once had a freeze with that one too, but did not investigate,
thought it was a one-time glitch and started rebooting the Soekris
when I rebooted the Windows machine.

>FWIW, I set up a Linux 2.6.9 based iptables (...)
>So all is not well there either...

My report was by no means meant as an accusation and/or blame of any
kind. I even admitted that I could not provide any solid evidence to
go on, so I cannot expect anyone starting to debug the issue.

Since I had read about freezes here before, I just thought to confirm
it. Otherwise it might be seen as a single occurence at one user, who
might have faulty hardware or special circumstances.

>OTOH, I've been running 1.2b3 on two net4501s ever since it was
>released and have not had a single lockup so far.

I really believe you. I cannot dismiss, that there might be something
wrong with my net 4801. However if I reboot the Soekris say every 2
days, the freeze does not occur. It only occurred twice, once after 7
days uptime, the other one after 11 days uptime. I've installed 1.2b5
and will let this one running. Since the base system has changed, this
might change things.

http://www.fpage.org/mrtg/ will has the m0n0wall stats incl. uptime
(in case anyone is interested in the MRTG stuff).

Kind regards   Frederick