[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans King" <frans dot king at f333 dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall locks up when using the GUI (various versions <= 1.2b3)
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:01:40 -0000
I have been experiencing a problem with m0n0wall for some time now where
m0n0wall locks when editing the configuration via the web interface. When
committing a change m0n0wall sometimes freezes - the web browser keeps
trying to load the page, ping requests to the box timeout and only a power
cycle will bring the box back up. Unfortunately on reboot, m0n0wall
complains that /dev/ad0a hasn't been properly unmounted and so can only
mount the file system read only.

The trouble is that config.xml is also now empty (I tried booting Frisbee
and running fsck on the filesystem which corrects a number of errors and
then marks the filesystem clean but it looks as though config.xml never got
written).

My question is whether this can be attributed to a dodgy CF card. My
experience has been that if I disable IPSec the m0n0wall freezes a lot less
during configuration.

Cheers,

Frans