[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Statman <dstatman at minolusa dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Experiences in 50+ user organizations?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:40:37 -0600
Hi,

We're looking at using m0n0wall at our company.  We currently have around 50
users internally, although we could end up at 60-70 users by the end of the
year.  I'd like to hear from others who use m0n0wall in similarly-sized
organizations, particularly with respect to whether or not you've
experienced any performance issues.  My boss is a little skittish about
relying on open source software (however good it may be) for our firewall.

More info...We host a website with ASP pages that query a SQL database.  So
far, the number of simultaneous connections to our website has remained
under 100.  We also have an Exchange server and an FTP server.  About 15
remote users connect to us via Terminal server.  We also have a VPN tunnel
established with one of our business partners.

Thanks in advance to any who share their experiences,

David Statman