[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Simon Cooper" <simoncooper at btinternet dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall
 Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:27:30 +0100
On 24.11.2003, at 18:19, Simon Cooper wrote:

>             Just started to use monowall instead of ipcop, but am
> having
> issues. I am connected to the internet via Ethernet and DCHP. The DNS
> server fields on the WAN page are blank. Shouldn't this information be
> collected by the DCHP connection?

It is. It's just not displayed there. Those fields are only for
manually assigned DNS servers. If you have the DNS forwarder running on
m0n0wall (default) and have clients use m0n0wall's IP address as their
DNS server (default again if your clients use DHCP and the DHCP server
is running on m0n0wall), you should be fine.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
(or do you really have a problem, like something doesn't work? If so,
you'll have to give us a lot more details...).

- Manuel