[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nik Clayton <nik at ngo dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NFS mounting the root filesystem
 Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:00:40 +0000
Before I dig in to it, has anyone got any documentation or notes on using
m0n0wall with an NFS mounted root filesystem, instead of the filesystem
image that it currently uses?

I want to make a few changes, and it's far easier to debug them if I can
change the files on an NFS exported filesystem, and hit refresh in the
browser, as opposed to having to re-roll a new filesystem image and
reboot the Soekris box for every change.

Obviously, when the box is ready to get used in production it'll use a
filesystem from a flash card.

The hackers guide mentions that this is something that will be covered
in a future version, but my e-mails to Rudi have gone un-answered.

C.R.F. Consulting ltd                                W: 01895 466 766
                                                     M: 07973 840 839