[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Miklos <miklos at microsux dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Performance and PC based dev. env.
 Date:  Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:05:47 +0100
I have a few 2,4GHz P4 boxes not in use and have been wanting to replace
my Astaro firewall for some time (performance issues).

My question is, of which level (how big a pipe) can a 2,4GHz  P4 running
m0n0wall be expected to perform? How is the RAM requirements for m0n0wall?

My second question is if anyone has a short guide to a PC based
developer environment. I will be looking into a http-proxy addon for
m0n0wall (I haven't seen any yet) and whatever I can contribute with.

I dont have any Soekris or PCEngines products to build a developer
environment, so any help in this direction would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mikkel Georgsen
Spacenet ApS
Denmark