[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at signature dot nl>
 To:  Instigater <bloo at sveiks dot lv>
 Cc:  M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping Uploads
 Date:  Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:38:50 +0100 (CET)
Hi!

The original question was:

> > I was wondering If there is a way to limit uploads while leaving
> > downloads uncapped. On my shared connection it is often the uploads
> > which are saturated.

and part of your answer was:

> mask: source

I think you should leave that one out, as it will cap the bandwidth on a
per-source basis. The connection will still be saturated if many sources
do uploads at the same time.

If you do not use the mask, the specified bandwidth limits the total
of outgoing traffic, which is probably called for in this situation.

You could also do both, i.e. specify 2 rules. One to cap the total, and
one to cap each individual source.

HTH

--Bart