[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matthew Ryan" <matt at looseconnection dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DHCP
 Date:  Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:55:49 -0000
Hi there,

I've just started experimenting with m0n0wall and am very impressed
however I am having a little trouble.

I am using the onboard Ethernet port of my VIA ITX board for a WAN
interface. No problem there.

For my Lan and Optional interfaces I am using an Adaptec ANA-9644A/TX.

This is a 4 port card.  M0n0wall sees the card and uses the de driver.

Everything is fine to start with using 4 different subnets and serving
DHCP on each however as I start to add and remove clients, the router
survives about 4 changes before it falls over. It seems as if the DHCP
server is crashing however often I can't access the webmin again even if
I set my client up with a static.

There are no errors at the console and nothing shows up in the DHCP log
either.

Odd

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Could it be the card?

All advice gratefully received.

Matt