[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Modified pb20 image
 Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:30:55 +0100
In order to solve that pesky is-it-ad0-or-ad1-or-ad2-now problem once
and for all, I've modified the m0n0wall booting process to probe all
devices from ad0 to ad3 until the right one (mountable and with a
configuration file on it) is found (this of course doesn't apply to the
CD-ROM version). The fstab is then generated on-the-fly.

I don't want to make this an official release yet, because I think it
needs some testing. Those who are willing to try it can find it on

...look for the pb20r555 images. Make sure to test the firmware upgrade
facility, too.

These images also have a new kernel that includes a patch for the PPTP
VPN problems (lots of errors, packet loss). It's probably not a 100%
solution, but it seems to greatly lower the impact of the problem. In
any case, this is not specific to m0n0wall - it's a problem in MPD and
netgraph's PPTP node. It's being discussed on the mpd mailing list
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=32902), but
nobody seems to have a real fix for it yet.