[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Modified pb20 image
 Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:30:55 +0100
In order to solve that pesky is-it-ad0-or-ad1-or-ad2-now problem once
and for all, I've modified the m0n0wall booting process to probe all
devices from ad0 to ad3 until the right one (mountable and with a
configuration file on it) is found (this of course doesn't apply to the
CD-ROM version). The fstab is then generated on-the-fly.

I don't want to make this an official release yet, because I think it
needs some testing. Those who are willing to try it can find it on

http://m0n0wall.cac.net/download/m0n0wall/

...look for the pb20r555 images. Make sure to test the firmware upgrade
facility, too.

These images also have a new kernel that includes a patch for the PPTP
VPN problems (lots of errors, packet loss). It's probably not a 100%
solution, but it seems to greatly lower the impact of the problem. In
any case, this is not specific to m0n0wall - it's a problem in MPD and
netgraph's PPTP node. It's being discussed on the mpd mailing list
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=32902), but
nobody seems to have a real fix for it yet.

HTH,

Manuel