[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  albi at saynotomicrosoft dot org
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Spurious <br>s in the web GUI
 Date:  Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:59:07 +0100
On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 08:34:11PM +0100, Manuel Kasper wrote:

> And besides, I happily admit to the world that the m0n0wall webGUI has
> been designed to look best with Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows.
> Yes, that's right. I figured that the largest part of the prospective
> m0n0wall users (and it was never designed for cracks/*nix users who
> would just as well be able to set up a similar system manually on their
> own) would probably use that browser. I still think it looks OK with
> other browsers like Mozilla or Apple's Safari - as long as the
> necessary fonts (Tahoma...) are installed.

i thought m0n0wall was a really cool project, but now i'm starting to have
some doubts..
Galeon, Konqueror, Epiphany-browser, Mozilla-firebird ? Linux-starters, FreeBSD-starters ?
(how can you choose the most insecure browser of the Internet as your main target ?)
is Tahoma is a freely available font known to all these people ? (i never
heard of it)
perhaps you should consider making a Tahoma-disclaimer in m0n0wall then, as i think i'm not
the only person *not* using Internet Explorer