[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Nik Clayton <nik at ngo dot org dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Spurious <br>s in the web GUI
 Date:  Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:20:28 +0100
On 28.11.2003, at 21:06, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Have you considered using a combination of <div> elements and CSS to
> get
> the pixel perfect positioning you want?  That works well in modern
> browsers, and degrades gracefully.

The example looks nice, I have to admit. I know that m0n0wall has a bit
of a strange mix of HTML and CSS formatting, but then again... It
works, and I honestly can't see why I should go and overhaul everything
just because it doesn't look the way it's supposed to on a minority of
web browsers or because it isn't 100% clean.

If anybody wants to do that while preserving the exact look on at least
Mozilla, IE and Safari, then go ahead... I'd much prefer that people
spend time on tasks that are more useful to the future of m0n0wall,
though.

- Manuel