[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Martin Holst" <mail at martinh dot dk>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Minor typo on DHCP-page?
 Date:  Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:17:59 +0100
On 29.11.2003, at 11:53, Martin Holst wrote:

> It looks like you forgot to correct the default and max lease times on
> the
> DHCP-page, when you increased them in pb20.
> (Still says that default lease is 600 and max is 7200)

Whoops... Fixed now. :) Thanks!

> I know you are busy but I have to ask: Any chance of IDS being
> implemented
> in the near future?
> I am sure that IDS is an important feature to a lot of people.

Mmmh I'm one of those people who believe that IDS isn't something that
should be implemented in m0n0wall for these reasons:

- it would bloat the system
- not sure if IDS on the firewall itself is a good idea
- not sure if embedded platforms like the net45xx would even be able to
handle the load well
- no persistent storage
- I personally dislike the idea of IDS

So I don't think we'll see IDS in m0n0wall (at least the official
image) anytime soon, sorry.

- Manuel