[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>, Martin Holst <mail at martinh dot dk>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Minor typo on DHCP-page?
 Date:  Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:27:17 -0700
At 04:17 AM 11/29/2003, Manuel Kasper wrote:
>Mmmh I'm one of those people who believe that IDS isn't something that
>should be implemented in m0n0wall for these reasons:

If userland votes mean anything, I agree.

Alot of the requests/suggestions that sail by on this list are not
appropriate for a firewall.  Cool and useful stuff, just not on the
firewall (like IDS).

I suspect many of those requests should be redirected to the m0n0bsd site
   http://m0n0.ch/bsd/
which would be more appropriate for those requests.

         -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228