[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Andreas Mixich <amix at enternet dot hu>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to expand m0n0wall ?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:49:07 +0100
On 30.11.2003, at 11:38, Andreas Mixich wrote:

> I need a system-software. m0n0wall looks much like it.
> However, I find it very, very fine-tuned to the "embedded" platforms
> and while I fully ackowledge and apprecite this (that is the goal of
> m0n0wall) I'd be very happy to also use services.

You should definitely be looking after something like m0n0BSD (or my
miniBSD tutorial) instead of m0n0wall. There's no way we'll ever see
services like SQL or SMTP in m0n0wall - heaven forbid! It's a firewall
and thus not supposed to do that, period. I know that not much work has
been done on m0n0BSD lately, and you'll also lose the GUI, but your
needs seem to be way too specific to be met by a general-purpose
package that has everything configured via a web interface. Maybe you
can use webmin together with mini/m0n0BSD or something...

- Manuel