[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b5 and Atheros a/b/g
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:42:02 +0100
On 24.02.2005 14:32 -0500, Robert Staph wrote:

> Keyword being beta...  everyone having issues:  Please don't forget
> that 1.2 is BETA meaning stuff may or may not work.  If the past is
> an indication of the future, people are working on these issues as
> fast as they humanly can. Not to mention that it may be an issue
> with the BSD Atheros drivers, not the stuff directly related to
> m0n0 that is cuasing the malfunction.  If you are having trouble,
> see if it works in a more default install of FreeBSD 5.3 or provide
> more info than just "Hey it doesn't work, this sucks."  (maybe
> something in the logs can give a hint)

Exactly! Thanks, Rob, for clarifying this once more! Please, folks,
we can't fix it if you don't even provide any diagnostics output
(hint: /status.php is a good source).

Now, about the Atheros support... I tried it on a WRAP with an
NL-5354MP (AR5212A), which worked OK (otherwise I wouldn't have
claimed that there's ath support if it hadn't even worked for me). I
tried it in hostap mode bridged with WAN and WEP enabled, and also
switched between 11b and 11g, but that's about all the testing I've
done. Obviously it's only an 11b/g card, so I couldn't actually test
11a. So to the people who can't get it to work: does ath0 show up in
the kernel messages at all? If so, does it also list any HAL errors
or something?

- Manuel