[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rob Sharp <robertsharp at gmail dot com>
 To:  Barry Mather <barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Experiences in 50+ user organizations?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:43:43 -0500
I would hardly compare Checkpoint NG to a home grown firewall thats using IPFW.
Checkpoint runs on the Nokia IPSO (bsd varient) or linux or win2k.
But it loads it's firewalls drivers over the OS.  Checkpoint NG is a
far more powerful firewall.  Not trying to dis monowall cause I think
it's awesome, just your simplifying checkpoint and probably sonicwall.

I run monowall on a IP110 (Cyrix 266, 64 ram, 5 gig 2.5 ide) and I can
push 40 mbps with a custom kernel and some tweaks (link0 and kernel
polling) and I can do about 3 mbps of blowfish openvpn.  I don't use
traffic shaping since it seems to break port forwarding on 1.2b3.

Robert Sharp
robertsharp at gmail dot com